Pascoag Utility District (PUD) would like to update our water customers on the progress of the Phase 2 Water Main Cleaning/Lining Project.
North Main Street, Grove Street and Laurel Hill Avenue’s water mains have been lined. The newly lined water mains are in the process of being chlorinated and then will be tested for bacteria, prior to customers being removed from the temporary bypass mains and put back on the original main. Church Street has been moved to the bypass mains and the original main is out of service and being prepared for lining.
Biszko Contracting Corp. will begin work on Sayles Avenue and Irving Avenue during the week of June 5th. This is what customers can expect once construction begins:
- An advance notice letter will be put in doors at least 48 hours before temporary bypass mains are installed. The advance notice letter will tell you when they will need to access your property.
- The contractor must access the location of where the water meter is and connect two temporary hoses. The first hose is a source hose which will feed your home from the bypass line while the original main distribution line is re-lined with cement. The second hose is a “blow-back” line.
- The bypass mains and newly lined mains are cleaned and tested for bacteria by BAL Laboratories prior to the customer being switched over.
- Special fittings located on the bypass pipe will allow the fire department to connect their fire hoses directly to the bypass pipe, thereby maintaining firefighting capability while the water main is out of service.
- There may be some very temporary service disruptions and occasional rusty water incidents as water service is moved to the temporary bypass mains and then back again once the cleaning and lining is complete.
- Water bills will be estimated for the duration of time that the bypass mains are connected to your water meter.
We will be updating our website, Facebook page and sending out phone calls and text messages through the Town of Burrillville’s Code Red system, with periodic updates regarding the Project.
If you have any questions, please call the Pascoag Utility District office at 568-6222.
As always, we thank you for your understanding and consideration regarding these matters.
Pascoag Utility District
There will be an emergency valve repair replacement taking place on Monday morning, May 22nd which will cause an interruption in water service. From 08:00 AM till 11:00 AM, valve replacement will be conducted on the valve located at the junction of Howard Avenue and Laurel Hill. The customers who will be affected by this outage will be all customers located on Howard Avenue and Charles Street. The repair will require a momentary outage of your water supply. This repair is required in order to proceed with the water lining project which is currently underway. Please be advised that our contractor Biszko, has also left notification on customers properties whom will be affected. This message serves as reminder to all customers within the affected areas, that all preparations be made prior to start of Monday morning’s anticipated shut down. As always, thank you for your understanding and consideration regarding these matters.
Pascoag Utility District will have to complete two emergency valve repairs and one hydrant replacement tomorrow morning (May 18th) which will disrupt your water service. From 08:00 AM till 11:00 AM, valve and hydrant replacement will be conducted in three separate areas of the water distribution system simultaneously. The repair will require a momentary outage of your water supply. This repair is required in order to proceed with the water lining project which is currently underway. Please be advised that our contractor Biszko, has left notification on customers properties whom will be affected. This message serves as reminder to all customers within the affected areas, that all preparations be made prior to start of tomorrow mornings anticipated shut down. As always, thank you for your understanding and consideration regarding these matters.
Areas that will be affected:
Centennial St, Grove Ln, Spring Lane, Roosevelt, Hamlet, Frederick St., Union, Gauy St, Smith Estates, Hill Rd, South Brook Rd, and Fairbanks.
Laurel ridge, North Rd, Erin Ln, East Wallum Lake, Old Wallum Lake, 425 Church St (up).
North Main St, Shea Lane.
This is a reminder that the Pascoag Utility District water department will be performing its annual maintenance flushing this week. The planned schedule is as follows: Monday – flushing of water storage tanks and Pascoag Main Street near cemetery and Interconnection with Harrisville. Tuesday – Rock Ave, Eagle Peak, Lake Shore Drive, Camp Dixie, Broad Street, Church Street, Pascoag Main Street, Spring Street. Wednesday – South Main Street, Reservoir Road, Griffin Court. Thursday: Upper part of Church Street, Howard Avenue, Charles Street, Pine Street, Old Wallum Lake Road, East Wallum Lake Road, Centennial Street, Grove Lane and Union Avenue. The flushing is aimed at removing the rust sediment that builds up in the bottom of the water mains over the course of this past year. We use forceful flushing at various hydrants throughout the system to remove this sediment and to scale and remove additional rust off the pipe walls. You may experience rusty water at times during the week as we flush from location to location. Thanks for bearing with us as we carry out this important work.