Q. How can I pay my bill?
A. There are many ways to pay your bill:
- You can pay by credit card online by clicking on the Pay My Bill tab. There are no fees to do this.
- Direct Debit: Offer the convenience of automatically deducting from your checking or savings accounts. Please call the office for more info at 401-568-6222 x216
- Another option is to pay in person with cash, check or a credit card at the District office- 253 Pascoag Main Street, Pascoag, RI 02859.
- To pay your utility bill by mail, please mail bills to:
Electric Bills should be mailed with stub to the following address:
Pascoag Utility District-Electric
PO Box 1263
Providence, RI 02901-1263
Water Bills should be mailed with stub to the following address:
Pascoag Utility District-Water
PO Box 1165
Providence, RI 02901
Q. I think my electric bill is too high this month, what steps can I take to find out if my bill is correct?
A. You can call our customer service department and ask them to check if your consumption was comparable at the same time last year. If it was not we will do a re-read on the meter. If the reading comes back correct there are a few things you can do to find out why you are using so much electricity.
- First you will need two people to determine where the biggest source of electricity is drawing from. One person should shut down all the breakers in the house. The second person should stand where the meter is. The first person should begin slowly flipping the breakers on one at a time. The second person should watch to see which breaker is causing the meter to spin the fastest. Once you determine which breaker is causing the biggest draw in electricity, you should be able to figure out which appliance or piece of equipment is on that line that is causing the majority of the draw of electricity.
- Another useful tool is to get a Home Energy Audit. A Home Energy Audit is free to Pascoag Utility District Customers. You will receive an in-depth report of the audit results along with suggestions for improvement. Call: 1-888-772-4242 for more details and to schedule an audit.
Q. I think my water bill is too high this month, what steps can I take to find out if my bill is correct?
A.You can call our customer service department and ask them to check if your water consumption was comparable at the same time last year. The customer service rep will ask you questions regarding your water use and be able to print out a data sheet mapping your usage so they can determine if you have a leak in your house. If you do have a leak, they can provide you with dye tablets to put in your toilet to determine if it’s the toilets leaking. You may have to call a plumber to assist you with further assessing your house.